Tuesday, April 18, 2006

CA Trip Day 18

Final Day and finally I'll be caught up 10 days after the fact.

4/8

JJ and I decided to mtn bike on the N. Umpqua Trail east of Roseburg. It's about an hour north of his place so I followed him out there and would just continue on after the ride. This trail is divided up into sections, but in total has 79 miles of single track! It runs along and above the river for the most part. It's roller coaster fun and winds through lush forest with old growth Douglas firs. It's beautiful. I'll will definitely have to come back in the summer sometime with the boyz and camp out. The trail was still pretty muddy and after only a few miles I turned back. I still wanted to drive all the way back to Seattle. At the trail head I read the sign again and discovered the trail is closed to mtn. bikes Nov-May. Whoops!

Got cleaned up and got on the road for another 6 or 7 hours. Made it back home by 10:30pm.
Some random thoughts coming soon.

No comments: