Sunday, April 02, 2006

CA Day 10 Will it ever be sunny?

Friday 3/31 Woke up (at Jeff's) to another cloudy day and little light mist. Jeff went to work and said I could try his Giant Trance mtn bike if I wanted to. He lives right by Cheeseboro Canyon. I got stuck watching a dumb movie first and finally headed out about noon. I rode right from his place and within a mile the trail head starts. Did a couple short climbs and enjoyed the scenery. Pics coming soon of the rolling hills and beyond. Saw a rabbit and two coyotes. No black panthers this time.

I had been debating staying the night back at Marc's and then racing the crit in Thousand Oaks Saturday morning. But the weather report was calling for showers in the morning. My next destination would be San Diego and partly cloudy skies was the forecast. I decided to try for better weather further south. So I left about 1:30 going south through LA on a Friday. It took me 5 hours to get to Carlsbad!! The traffic was horrendous. 4 accidents plus rush hour. Without traffic that drive would take less than 2.5 hours.

So I finally made it to my friend, Christine Wheeler's, house in Carlsbad. We went to highschool together along with Kim Natale who lives in downtown SD. Chris and Kim have been great friends together for years and were living together in Carlsbad. I hadn't talked with them in a decade but chatted with them at our 20 year reunion and mentioned I was coming down in the spring. They said to look them up and that I could stay with them if I wanted. Anyone that knows me knows I will always take someone up on that offer. And I'm very appreciative of these opportunities!

Kim stopped by Chris's and the 3 of us went out to dinner in Encinitas at El Callejon for some good Mexican food. The Sonics were on the tube playing the Lakers and lost of course. Anyway, we had a great time visiting and catching up.

No comments: