Wednesday, April 12, 2006

CA Trip Day 17 BAD SEAT

4/7

Aaron and I took BART (train/subway) from Oakland into San Fran with our bikes. We rode through the city and out to the Golden Gate Bridge. I've been across it before, but that was 10 years ago. Even though the weather wasn't very good again, I was having a good time until my seat nose mishap. I made a rookie mistake and slipped on my pedal while trying to engage my cleat. The nose of my narrow saddle rammed me in a place that was designed for exiting only if you get my drift. Maybe some of the San Fran community would have liked that incident happening to them, but not me! Ow!!It was almost like getting kicked in the jewels. I wanted to lay on the ground in the fetal position and cry. I was able to ride again very carefully. On the way back through the city it was a little crazy for a guy like me riding through downtown with lots of traffic, trolley's and tracks, construction, taxi's, etc. I have no problem riding in the street, but have only ridden in downtown Seattle once. We stopped to see Ellen briefly and then took BART back to Oakland.

I wanted to get on the road to Grants Pass so we didn't have a whole lot of time. Aaron sent me on my way with some excellent deep dish pizza from Zach's right around the corner from his place.

Drove about 7 hours and made it to JJ and Jenifer's for a night's stay again.

No comments: