Thursday, March 23, 2006

CA or bust. Day 1

Left Kirkland at 12:45pm, nearly 4 hours later than I wanted to. What's new, eh? I never seem to be ready for a big trip. My first stop was to visit an old friend (college sweetheart) I hadn't seen in 10 years, Suzanne, in Vancouver (WA). I met her 4 kids, Kayla, Megan, Seth, and Nash. It was great to catch up for a bit and her kids are adoreable. Continued south and had a few traffic slowdowns going through Portland, but luckily the worst of it was going north. Next stop: Grants Pass. A former co-worker, JJ, lives way out in bumflipegypt. It must have taken a good 45 minutes to go from the Grants Pass exit out to his place. Wouldn't have been that bad if it wasn't 10pm already and I was ready to call it a day. Being greeted with a Mirror Pond Pale Ale and some late night dinner was great. His place is really nice and sits on 10 acres. The stars were unbelievable. I can't wait to see what it looks like around here in the day light tomorrow. Well, it's 1:06 am and time for bed. G'nite.

No comments: