Sunday, March 26, 2006

CA Day 5 The sun, finally.

Okay, I know the pics below aren't in the best order, but I'm working off two cameras and it's late and I'm tired. So, woke up in Monterey this morning and made my first stop in Carmel so I could check out the beach and crashing waves. It was cool.

It was a little cloudy, but I finally got to see the sun!!

Continued south along Hwy 1 and it was beautiful! But I was in a slight hurry because I was to meet my friend, Jeff, in Santa Barbara about 1pm for a ride. BTW, it's all Jeff's fault I'm a bike freak today. He sold me my first mtn. bike 15 years ago from Moutain Bike Factory Outlet in Kirkland. He now works for Giant as their product manager after putting Suntour, Halson, and Real out of business. :-)

The Big Sur Light House Station is brilliant. But I didn't get a picture.

So I met Jeff in SB and as we were getting ready he realized he forgot his front wheel back at home! There wasn't one available at the LBS so I followed him to his place in Agoura Hills which meant another hour on the road.

We parked near Camarillo and rode the coast. We then took 101 south toward Malibu. It was so cool to ride along the ocean. We turned up Mulholland drive and climbed that for a bit before we turned back. Finally got some mileage in today as we pedaled 40 miles. 50 tomorrow?

I'm staying at Jeff's tonight and it's time for bed! G'nite.

No comments: