Thursday, March 30, 2006

CA Day 6 No rain for 2 days!

On Monday, 3/27, I drove from Jeff's place in Agoura Hills to Giant Bikes HQ in Newbury Park. I met Jeff at the office and got a quick tour. It was really cool. They have a total open concept there and even Skip Hess, Giant CEO, doesn't have a separate office. Open door policy is a given with no doors to close. Met some nice people including Andrew J who is a well known journalist most recently employed by Velo News. I really enjoyed the feeling of being in the offices of a big time bike manufacturer.

Jeff took a long lunch and we headed out on our mountain bikes. Rode through a neighborhood and up into the hills. Did a grueling single track climb for a few miles and had a nice view at the top. Jeff has been battling some chest/lung infection so for the first time ever I was able to keep up with him. But when we came back down he left me behind like a 2 year old scared to come down a slide.

That evening I headed to the Warshals who also happen to live in Agoura Hills. I went to highschool with Marc and he's a long time friend. His wife, Lisa, made us dinner and I played with their 5 year old daughter, Jessica aka Sassy. It was great to catch up with them. And their daughter is a hoot.

No comments: